Annual Conference - Be Informed, Prayerful, and Present!
Dear Clergy and Laity Members of our Annual Conference,
I appreciate your important role in next week's session of the WNC Annual Conference at Stuart Auditorium at beautiful Lake Junaluska. The preliminary weather reports are very promising for a beautiful time together.
Conference is always an important time and important work, and this year's holy conferencing is particularly significant as we elect delegates to the 2020 General Conference of the UMC.
Below please find some important links to schedules, biographical information of those who have offered themselves for service as lay delegates to General Conference, and some particulars about special events. We are also including a general link to the Conference website.
Links to Information about Annual Conference:
- Main Annual Conference page on WNCC Conference website. There are links to a variety of information about Annual Conference. Browse around, scroll down for articles about specific events, etc.!
- Pre-Conference Briefing Videos by Bishop Leeland and Kim Ingram
- Program & Reports Book - PDF for Download. Pages 4-5 have lots of basic information, like registration hours, food court hours, and more. (Important Note: You should review the Program & Reports, but it is not necessary to print it and bring it with you. The Supplement to the Program & Reports will be handed out at registration, and it will include the schedule, and everything else you need related to the business of the Annual Conference while in session.
- Laity Session Voting / Bio Booklet - PDF for Download
(Important Note: Laity need to print this and bring it to Annual Conference. It will NOT be handed out at registration.
- Annual Conference Schedule - PDF for Download
- Special Events Schedule - PDF for Download
- Lake Junaluska website - Information about Lake Junaluska
Very Important times to note for clergy & laity:
- Clergy Session - Thursday, June 20th, 10:00am - 5:30pm, Stuart Auditorium
- Laity Session - Introduction of Nominees - Thursday, June 20th, 8:00pm, Stuart Auditorium
- Laity Session - Balloting begins for election of 2020 General & Jurisdictional Conference Delegates, Friday, June 21st, 8:30am, Stuart Auditorium
I ask that you be an informed, prayerful, and present delegate, and that you ask your pastor to do the same. For the most part, I will be seated directly beneath the pulpit during Conference. If there is anything I can do for you while you are there, do not hesitate to let me know. I look forward to deepening our relationship through this time of holy conferencing and worship.
Rev. Beverly B. Coppley
& Chief Missional Strategist
Northern Piedmont District